Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day One Down, 11 Days left...

First day of the Special K Challenge. To be honest, it wasn't that bad...until... last night. After eating only 2 bowls of cereal during the day, and a few pieces of fruit, you can imagine I was absolutely famished by dinner time. Grilled chicken sausage, polenta, and spinach with raisins and pine nuts. Seems like a "sensible" meal right? Not when your husband is doling out the portions. Whatevs... it was tasty. The only problem was that around 8:30pm, I got hungry again. It was the worst.

Day two has begun, and I'll be serving up myself a hearty portion of vanilla almond cereal with a banana that has less than an hour before it turns to complete mush. Yum.

To clarify, my gentle readers...this is not a starvation diet. And frankly, I'm not all about starving myself...it's just that its...well it's winter in Chicago. I just came off of 4 weeks of recruiting where I ate nothing but mini-quiches for breakfast (i would eat 4 at a time...hey--they were mini). I need a revamp on my diet and eating habits. I like a challenge.

No comments: