Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What was I expecting? Insta-Abs?

This diet stuff is no fun. Mostly because I really like to eat. But here's the thing, I don't like to eat boring things. I really like food. I'm a foodie at heart. I ate overly priced pork rinds this past weekend. I love making food. It's my hobby. So of course, eating said food would be attached to this hobby. Eating cereal, and cereal products on a daily basis for 75% of the meals you eat: sucks! I think what these past 3 days has taught me is that perhaps I just need to exercise a little self control next time I think about eating an entire back of doritos. Ugh, god they are so good. And I also just need to exercise! A friend of mine, is contemplating taking a class called: arms, ass, and abs. Really, what was I expecting after 3 days of eating cereal? Bad ass arms and redonk abs? Hmm, maybe. Oh gentle readers, I am not giving up yet. Do I really want to be beat by some stupid cereal? We shall see. But really...you see those stupid Special K cereal commercials and the chicks they choose to highlight who've been successful on the diet? Do those ladies have 2 year olds that cling to your leg while you try to get dressed in the morning so that you can't actually even squeeze a wee bit of exercise in? Do those ladies have stretch marks from gaining 3 times your normal weight over the course of 9 months. Ok, enough Heather, off your soapbox... go eat your cereal.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Good for you. I don't think I could do it and I love cereal. Is it not a starving diet? Are you relatively full most the time? I still talk about the food I ate while working there. It was the best being pregnant.